SelfDesign Learning Foundation® considers the health and safety of its learners, families, educators and contractors its first priority. Wherever the COVID-19 pandemic takes us in the coming days, we are committed to supporting our entire community.
On March 17, the British Columbia Ministry of Education suspended in-class instruction in B.C. schools for the foreseeable future. School is not cancelled, and the Ministry expects all schools to create and implement learning continuity plans and to continue offering educational programs to learners and students. SelfDesign Learning Community will continue to offer our online education programs to our learners.
To keep all of our community safe and functioning through the coming weeks, we are following the directives of the federal and provincial health authorities, the BC Ministry of Education and BC Ministry of Health, and are implementing the following changes:
- We have suspended all in-person services and activities for the time being. Regular online learning continues for our learners.
- We are moving 100 per cent of our education, operations and administration online, and we are supporting our community where this shift may create challenges for learners, families and support providers.
- We are communicating regularly and transparently with our community.
- Our IT team has provided helpful reminders to all of our community about maintaining online security and safety, and is monitoring the ongoing function of the platforms and networks we rely on now that demand and load within the broader community have increased.
- We are sharing helpful and credible resources for learners, families, educators and contractors to help them deal with and adapt to the COVID-19 pandemic.
We understand that this is a challenging time for everyone. We are committed to providing our community with support and information as it becomes available. Please be safe and remember that we will get through this together.
President & CEO
SelfDesign® Learning Foundation