On February 4, the B.C. government announced that based on the latest evidence and a review of school exposures to date in B.C., the Provincial Health Officer and the B.C. Centre for Disease Control (BCCDC) have updated their public health guidance for K-12 schools to address several key areas.
- Strengthened mask guidelines for middle and secondary students and all K-12 staff in schools
- Specific guidance for in-person physical education and music classes with multiple learners
- More detailed protocols regarding staff-only spaces and gatherings
SelfDesign Learning Foundation and SelfDesign Learning Community’s (SDLF/SDLC) health and safety team has taken the following actions:
- Reviewed the updated guidance.
- Completed the BCCDC COVID-19 Health and Safety Checklist as a part of the review.
- Updated SelfDesign’s COVID-19 Safety Plan, as well as SelfDesign’s 5 stages to return to in-person guidelines which include new protocols for:
- Learning Consultants
- Professional Support Providers, and
- Learning Centres.
Please review the new highlighted protocols in SelfDesign’s updated 5 stages to return to in-person guidelines and immediately implement any changes that affect your in-person engagement during SelfDesign activities. Updates to the guidelines are highlighted in yellow throughout.
Parents are reminded that it is your responsibility to ensure the health and safety of your child when working with third-party services who you have engaged and are paying with your own funds.